Monday, October 28, 2013

Random Halloween Home


Pin It

Hello, friends, this is a special version of my traditional "Random Happy Home" series, dedicated to the upcoming event. A holiday which has no history in my country, but is currently extremely popular in our shopping malls, cinemas and supermarkets. Nevertheless, I am happy to get inspired by such a generous theme and to freshen up some details in my Romanian home. The first pic is an update on my DIY witch lamp, sitting pretty above some seriously scary books from Agatha Christie.



Next, just a little reminder that nothing goes according to plan. Specifically, I wanted to revive my favorite Halloween project from 2012: the skull miniatures. Yes, yes, my friends, forget about the witch lamp and its successful journey through blogoland. THIS is my favorite DIY and I wanted to recreate the vignette this year, in order to practice on my photo shooting technique. But as soon as I got started, the sun hid in the clouds and the cats attacked the little black bunting, so all I have is this pic.



And let's not forget about the neon pumpkin (also from last year - I can't believe that I had all this time and energy to come up with so many silly projects!). I admit that this photo is not from right now, since the gourd has started to melt on the side... but for quite a while, we've had the most unusual book stopper :)



End of story.  I must leave you now, the blues and oranges of real life are fading into the fairy tale illustrations of Romanian artist Madalina Andronic, whose book I must study now. Intensely. Good bye!

19 comments:

  1. Loving the skull portrait. The furry frame totally makes it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks a million, Elisa, for your vote! At least someone out there understands me (and the furry frame is made of headphones).

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Indeed a Happy Home :) So many little details... Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cristina, I'm so glad you have an eye for details :)

      Delete
  3. I was wondering where is that lamp? I didn't see it for a while... Good to know that it is still around you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the witch lamp while you can, Ana! After this season I am going to throw away the hat, because I don't wanna see it all year long and I have enough issues with storage, already. Nowhere to keep it...

      Delete
  4. HI Meeha so pretty!,Loving the skull portrait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angelica, I hope to look so good after I'm gone :)))

      Delete
  5. A scary portrait with a stylish frame! Well done Meeha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa, too bad that my cats jumped at the dangling feathers and endangered my miniatures :)))

      Delete
  6. all of these are so adorable!

    xx Alecia Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, Alecia, please come back any time for more corners of my home in Romania!

      Delete
  7. I remember your lamp and your awesome skulls! I'm guessing the cats just couldn't resist that dangling feather! Maybe you should dry out your next gourd so that it lasts forever? Happy studying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm too lazy to dry the gourds... but who knows, maybe next year I'll try something different :)

      Delete
  8. I love how whimsical your house is and it's even better at Halloween! Good luck studying! It can't be too bad, the book looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali, I love seeing books everywhere... but now I'm 37 and I haven't studied in a while... and some of the books are my boyfriend's cinema books.

      Delete
  9. ha! i feel the same way, last year i was doing so many little projects, this year i still don't even have my halloween decorations up! but this is inspiring me. i need to get a few up at least. yours are so adorable. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurry up, Christine, I'm sure you'll find a little something in your drawers. Less is more!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...