Sunday, June 3, 2012

I've toned it down


Pin It

The bedroom, that is. You might remember the colorful Spring Bedroom from an earlier post, which was supposed to cheer me up and get me out of the spring depression. Well, it worked!




So now I reduced the bedroom color scheme to restful shades of green and purple. The sheets are simple, with a single pair of pillows (the only ones that matter). For a little hint of happy color, I went with a bright yellow pot holder and a matching crepe paper bunting (there used to be two buntings, but less is more in my book).
It still looks like a teenage bedroom, but I am sleeping like a baby.





17 comments:

  1. Cute bunting!

    www.katiescreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie, its the easiest bunting you can make :)

      Delete
  2. i love it! i still need to get that awesome tree printable done for my bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget, Andie, that I want to send you the tulips poster, too:)

      Delete
  3. I love it! Looks so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ehehehe! I have the girl with the ballons in my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all...and when I can find the lamp? Isn't it from Ikea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francesca, the lamps are from Praktiker, a German chain of home improvement stores. I can't find it on the website, but they still sell it... in many colors!

      Delete
    2. wow, I will try to find it, it would be perfect on my stairs ;-)

      Delete
  6. Hi there, I'm over from Country Momma Cooks - I am overjoyed to finally find some ideas for a purple and green bedroom! My daughter's new preferred color scheme ;-) Thanks for sharing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit, Linda! The green and purple bedroom is so relaxing... I know you'll do a wonderful job for your daughter's room :)

      Delete
  7. I love it! Very peaceful. I pinned it ;)

    http://sparkleandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup pour votre visite, j'aime bien vos crochets :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...