Sunday, April 22, 2012

Crepe paper bunting

Step one: Come back late from work, tired, angry and stressed out. Look for something pretty to rest your eyes upon. Crepe paper! My favorite media since kinder-garden :)



Step two: Remember the slogan from one of your favorite blogs: "Go Do Something!" (and the blog is Dos Family). Make a bunting! Yay! Cut little triangles from assorted crepe paper.



Step threeApply glue onto the thick side of the triangles, choose a happy colored yarn and start putting everything together.



Step fourCall at wonce "Cat Services" for a feline companion, to help you make the crepe paper bunting.



Step five: I finally made two buntings, because I like overlapping stuff. A lot. Put it on the wall temporarily, to see how it looks. Go to bed happy and relaxed.



Update: Click here to see what I've really done with the bunting...

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. You always do such fun, colorful stuff! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Danni, it's a little childish, I know, but it certainly works for me.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! And so true, doing something creative will always make you feel better :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jutta! I wish there was a coffee shop in town where you could paint or make origami or something :)

      Delete
  3. I love this bunting! So pretty & easy to do. I'm pinning it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super-easy to do, you don't need any precise cutting, fancy edges or two-sided materials. Crepe paper rules. Thanks for the pin!

      Delete
  4. This is pretty awesome. May have to use it for our school carnival coming up. I would love if you shared them on my link party.

    http://www.kampenlane.com/2012/04/hope-everyone-had-great-weekend.html

    Can't wait to see what you make next.

    ~Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The colors you went with are some of my favorite as well :)

    I would love it if you would link up at Watch Out, Martha!’s first link up party: Martha Mondays on May 7th! Hope to see you there! (www.watchoutmartha.net )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and for the invite, Amanda!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...