Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fall Colors 2012


Pin It

This year's color inspiration comes from my everyday toiletry. I was brushing my teeth when suddenly the corner of my eye caught a lovely palette, perfect for this warm and happy autumn. You can spot them in the upper left corner: a soft lilac and a burnt orange. So I rushed to my fabric stash and put together a nice assortment of white, soft pink, burnt orange and pearl grey. I'm gonna make me some nice pillows, to set up the Fall vibe :) The yarn bit was a little more complicated - but nothing that a little visit to my mom's couldn't solve in an instant. I chose the same colors, but there was no orange, so I switched it with a rich yellow - orange wool skein.
PS: I've already went and crocheted some triangles in my new Fall colors. I fell in love with them! Maybe it will be a pillow case, maybe it will be a beret... who knows?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Mariela! I actually wanted to crochet some granny squares, but your love for triangles inspired me to try something completely new :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea! I am not a crochet master like yourself, but I find it so relaxing :)

      Delete
  3. Hilarious...I love that you got inspired by toiletries! I'm excited to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I do, Jessica! I am not ashamed by my inspiration:)))) I think the colors ARE lovely for fall... and I just made a crochet pillow, which I will publish this very week.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...