Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Purple, plum and lavender bedroom

What do you do when you get easily bored with your bedroom decor? Paint the walls? Change the furniture? OR... Simply change the bedding and accessories!

By keeping the walls white and spare, I've created a blank canvas on which the sheets are the stars of the picture. I've got over 10 bedding sets, all different colors (God only knows how I must refrain myself from buying "just" one more...). Each one sets a different mood in the room and each time I change them, I feel like I've switched the old bedroom with a new one.




On the opposite wall, I wake up every morning looking at my plum - purple wall, which I painted myself. So with the purple bedding, the room is complete :)



It makes me feel welcome... The perfect cocoon for these strange and cold never-ending February days.

                  

This time, purple was mandatory, in order to celebrate my lovely orchid who decided to fully bloom one month earlier than usual. She makes a good team with the Russian doll (made in Kiev) and the retro plastic red clock :) The nightstand is actually a re-purposed coffee table and you can read more about it here.



As for the bedding, most of you have probably already recognized the IKEA pillows (the sheep skin ones and the small printed ones). The other items were from various home decor stores.







BONUS PIC: a little glimpse of the herringbone floors, which I know you covet :)



11 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful! ready to snuggle up in.
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colourful, nice to see when it's so "dirty" outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, we still have 50 cm of snow EVERYWHERE :))

      Delete
  3. You're always welcome to link up any projects to my Wednesday link party with a link back to my blog from the post. Sorry it took me so long to get back to your comment!
    Mary @ Very Merry Vintage Style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ce surpriza frumoasa! Vom vorbi in romaneste. Ai un blog frumos. Iti doresc toate cele bune.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color scheme! Your floors are to DIE for. I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin:) The floors came with the flat and they are common around here.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...