Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DIY Crochet Stool


All you need is a crochet, a wooden stool (from grandma), colored yarn, small nails and a hammer.
It took me longer to find a good You Tube tutorial on how to crochet the "granny squares" pattern, than to actually make the whole thing. I followed Bethintx on her simple, calm, accurate and logical tutorial. Thank you, Beth!
The colors were meant to complement my turquoise living room at that time. I got off-white for the neutral hue, burgundy for the opposite, a playful lime green and of course turquoise.



As for the pattern, I had already made up my mind to crochet the "granny squares". And THAT was the worst decision, since I was working with a round stool. What can I say, stubbornness runs in the family!
Here is a transition phase - nine squares and no connection between them:




Naturally, the crochet stool goes well by the kitchen table:




It is also a great addition in my tiny balcony, if I want to catch the morning sun and have some coffee as well.



Speaking of coffee, it blends perfectly in the living room and it can serve as a coffee table:




Not to mention it is a sturdy nightstand, with plenty of space for your current readings, your glass of water and some of your favorite memories.




And it complements my vintage cabinet, helping me when I get surrounded by too many stacks of books.




SORRY, folks:
No 1: My cat Anais thinks that all the shooting sessions are especially done for her. Hence, she graciously features nearly every picture.
No 2: In onor of my blog, I got myself a brand new camera, which I don't know how to manage properly. Hence, the bleached pictures.
Anyway, you get the idea on the versatility, usability and beauty of a crochet stool!


2 comments:

  1. So pretty...and sooo versatile! Love it styled in so many little nooks and crannies! Great piece!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind thoughts, Julie! Living in a small home, I have to get creative and to get items with multiple uses.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...