Monday, May 28, 2012

Pink and Green


Pin It

Ana brought me pink tulips.
These are the last tulips of this Spring. Of this year, in fact.



They lost their rich color and waxy glows. They turned to dusky shades of light purple. Their lovely crown shape weathered slowly, hour by hour, until it became a splendid star. You can't even tell that these used to be tulips, anymore. 
Messengers of the Spring sun!




The beautiful pink stars are sitting on my kitchen counter, next to my green plates and other dishes of the day. Pink and green, my favorite color combo for now, bathing in the afternoon light. Sweet and tasty as an apple, exotic as a hot May morning, mysterious as a whisper and tender as a summer cloud.





I love shooting this kind of random, impromptu domestic scenes, where nothing has been staged. Beauty smiles at me with the promise of a brief moment of perfection.

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty!

    Come and join me with my Color Connection meme through my PINK entry. Hope you join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HPS!

    Such spectacular flower shots ideal to turn into art!


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gabriela, and good luck with your design workshop!

      Delete
  3. Loved your presentation today. Perfect color combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the visit, LV, please come by any time!

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful and they look so pretty with your green dishes. Beautiful pics. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marty, you are always a gracious hostess and always find a good and positive word for every link-up :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...